| Suscríbete vía RSS

Monday, January 4, 2010

Am I working enough?

| |

2004 Aston Martin DB9 coupé


In the age of information, I read up on nearly all types of businesses. Inc. Magazine is great at comprising all great businesses into one periodical so I can get a feel for industry standards. They have the Inc 500 and 5000, they have the top 30 under 30 (which is a small goal for me), and they always have the most innovative companies of the year among a million other sources for entrepreneurs.

Where am I going with this? If this is the benchmark, where should I be? I read about these companies that are profitable within a year or two and grossing around $500,000-$2 million or more. Me? I am profitable, but I only netted about $500 total. Do I suck? What is wrong with me? I look at my sales team (me) and pull out the pep talks, look at the sales goals, etc. They are unresponsive. Why do I not have a team of salesman to keep my work force busy 8 hours a day, 6 days a week? Am I incompetent?

I talk with my friend who has a multi-million dollar landscaping company and he tells me to calm down. Really? Calm down?! Aren't these what goals are for? Shouldn't I be working my ass off to get things going?! If I am not something, I am nothing!

No, I don't think so. I think I should calm down. No need for an ulcer before I turn 24. Yeah, I am not even 24. It was only a few years ago that I actually needed to start shaving regularly. I guess I don't need my Aston Martin next year. I will get that before I am 30, but next year will be my Kawasaki Ninja. That's for sure. These are the learning years.
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

0 comments: