| Suscríbete vía RSS

Thursday, December 3, 2009

Who You Are

| |

In this business world, I have found that business is really just a relationship. There is no real guideline that can make you successful. With all the books on success available, in reality it is just a relationship between you and your customer. Each one is an individual dating relationship that you must court at each turn. And like dating, there are no real rules, just guidelines.

So when I started thinking about this earlier this week and trying to figure that out, along with the information I have been getting from my counselor on my own issues, it all came together when I started reading Penelope Trunk and her recent post about extroverted people in the workplace. And since I have always flirted with the line about being introverted or extroverted, this definitely struck a chord. It is not that it is good or bad. I have actually been reading a lot in the last few hours about my personality type (I believe INTJ but possibly it's extroverted opposite) and the people that have worked out well in both of those. So it does not matter which I am (although I relate better to the wikipedia entry about the introverts better. Thank you wikipedia), but it does matter that whatever it is I need to own it and use my personality type in my favor.

Everyone has these personality types that see things differently than the rest of the population. According to CareerPlanner.com, INTJ's make up about 2% of the worlds' population. How is that for rare specialties.

So whatever it is that makes you tick, identify, find the strengths in it, and utilize it. Because you must make sure that your companies biggest asset is yourself.

0 comments: